FortisBC is offering rebates for improving your motors or fans with variable speed drives.
- 20 hp or greater – $80 per motor hp
- Less than 20 hp – $100 per motor hp
- You must be a FortisBC or municipal* commercial, industrial, or irrigation electricity customer.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project
- Variable speed drive qualifying criteria:
- Only retrofit projects are eligible.
- The variable speed drive must be retrofitted to an existing motor that has not been previously integrated with a variable speed drive.
- The motor must be running a minimum of 2,000 hours per year.
- The variable speed drive must control the motor’s frequency in response to a variable load.
- Variable speed drives used for soft start only are not eligible.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
*Includes Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, and Nelson Hydro.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- scanned or pdf copies of all receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the incentives you are applying for.
You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.