Through FortisBC you may qualify for rebates between $80-$1,000 for installing an electric heat pump water heater, a heat pump, or an occupancy sensor.
|ENERGY STAR Certified Heat Pump Water Heater||$1,000 per water heater||Water heater must be on ENERGY STAR list of qualifying electric commercial heat pump water heaters or on the Northern Climate specification list.|
|Cold Climate Heat Pump||$500 per ton||Heat pump must be listed on the Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump Specification Listing.|
|Packaged Terminal Heat Pump||$80 per unit||Heat pump must be certified by the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
Must replace, or be installed instead of a packaged terminal air-conditioner.
|Hotel Guest Room Occupancy Sensor||$90 per packaged terminal heat pump||Occupancy sensors must be installed to control a packaged terminal air conditioner or heat pump with back-up electric resistance heating.
Occupancy sensors must have
|Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump||$600 per ton||Heat pump must meet or exceed the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 1 coefficient of performance requirement in heating mode|
- You must be a FortisBC or municipal commercial, industrial, or irrigation electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, or Nelson Hydro .
- You must be the owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building, or a builder/ developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment. Products must be installed by a qualified installer as determined by Technical Safety BC and in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Apply online for the incentive or email the completed application form and supporting documentation to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number form Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks, or Nelson Hydro
- Your email address
- Scanned or PDF copies of all receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the incentive you are applying for. Ensure all receipts are marked “paid”, clear, legible and indicate relevant information i.e. brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
- Application must be submitted within 365 days of the purchase date of the product(s) or installation date, whichever is first.
- The product(s) must be installed within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.