FortisBC is offering incentives for commercial high-efficiency air source heat pumps and heat pump water heaters for co-ops, Indigenous housing providers, and non-profit or charity providing services to income-qualified people.
- Heat pump water heater and heat pump rebates will be doubled for eligible models purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020.
- Energy efficiency ratings are based on ENERGY STAR® certification requirements, available at energystar.gov and Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tiers for heat pump efficiency, available at ceedirectory.org
Heat pump water heaters
|ENERGY STAR® Heat Pump Water Heater||
Heat pump space heating
|Cold Climate heat Pump||
|Packaged Terminal Heat Pump||
|Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump||
|Room Occupancy Sensor||
||$90 per packaged terminal heat pump|
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.
- Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for heat pump and water heater incentives or email your completed incentive application form and supporting documentation to email@example.com with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- your email
- scanned or PDF copies of all receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the incentives you are applying for.
- Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s)
- Install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
For further information, please contact your electricity technical advisor, call 1-866-436-7847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org