FortisBC is offering incentives for upgrading an old commercial natural gas furnace with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model.
|95 to 96.9 per cent AFUE Furnace||$800 per unit|
|97 to 99 per cent AFUE furnace||$1,000 per unit|
Contractors can receive a $100 incentive for each approved customer application.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR certified furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system, as verified by a photograph included with your application.
- You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace on or after May 1, 2019.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase an eligible furnace and have it installed by a licensed gas contractor.
- Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include copies of:
- The fully paid invoice including details of all work performed, purchase date, quantity, make and model number of eligible furnace(s) purchased and installed, installation permit number, and your gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC license number.
- The furnace commissioning sheet, completed by your contractor.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.