FortisBC is offering incentives to co-ops or Indigenous housing providers or non-profit organizations or charities providing services to income-qualified people such as charitable facility with full commercial kitchen and laundry services.
Commercial clothes washers
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer – electrically heated water||$75 per clothes washer|
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer – natural has heated water|
Demand controlled ventilation for kitchen exhaust
- New installations and replacements of existing constant volume ventilation hoods are eligible
- Intended for use in commercial food preparation or processing applications
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with natural gas space heating||up to 5,000 CFM||$800 per exhaust hood|
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$2,200 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$3,800 per exhaust hood|
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with electric space heating||up to 5,000 CFM||$2,300 per exhaust hood|
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$4,000 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$6,600 per exhaust hood|
Electric commercial cooking equipment
|ENERGY STAR convection oven||half||
||$250 per appliance|
|full||$300 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR fryer||standard size||
||$200 per appliance|
|large vent||$850 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR griddle||
||$550 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR hot food holding cabinet||Less than 368 L
(13 cu. ft.)
|$150 per appliance|
|368 to 793 L
(13 to 28 cu. ft)
|$600 per appliance|
|Greater than 793 L
(28 cu. ft.)
|$1,600 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR steam cooker||3 pan||
||$1,750 per appliance|
|4 pan||$2,100 per appliance|
|5 pan||$2,450 per appliance|
|6 pan||$2,800 per appliance|
Electric commercial dishwashers
|ENERGY STAR low-temperature single tank door dishwasher||
||$400 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank door dishwasher||$700 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank conveyor dishwasher||$1,200 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature under counter dishwasher||$1,600 per dishwasher|
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leasehold, or property manager of the premises**
- Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- Scanned or PDF copies of all receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the incentives you are applying for.
- Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s)
- Install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
If you have any questions, contact your electricity technical advisor or contact: