FortisBC is offering an incentive for adding a mechanical rink de-aerator to a hot water system which helps to remove micro air bubbles and increases heat transfer.
- $27,000 per rink de-aerator unit
- FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1 and/or a FortisBC electricity customer or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro on a commercial rate.
- The hot water system used for resurfacing must use a fuel supplied by FortisBC.
- Application must be for an indoor ice rink that requires regular resurfacing.
- Purchase date of products (As shown on the paid invoice) must be after May 1, 2019.
- Commissioning of systems and user training must be completed and signed off on by a commercial partner.
- Curling rinks are not eligible.
- You must meet the participant, premises, and product eligibility as listed in the terms and conditions.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Contact a commercial partner to discuss your project.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Work with a qualified commercial partner to complete user training, system commissioning and the application form. You will need to obtain supporting documentation and sign off from the commercial partner before submitting your application.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
If you have questions about incentives, contact your key account manager or email.
- FortisBC email@example.com