FortisBC is offering incentives to encourage customers to install insulation on uninsulated pipes and tanks for hot water and steam that are heated by natural gas.
||$4 per linear foot|
||$6 per square foot|
||$6 to $9 per square foot|
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an exiting commercial or industrial building or builder, developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- Insulation must be installed on pipes and/or tanks that are connected to primarily natural gas-fired equipment for transferring heat to the solution or liquid.
- Up to a maximum of 25 per cent of the hot water and steam system can be multi-fuel or non-natural gas-fired.
- Systems not meeting this requirement may still be eligible, however, are subject to additional analysis, and require pre-approval from FortisBC.
- Insulation being installed must be at least 1 inch thick.
- Replacement of damaged (existing) insulation is not eligible.
- Tanks with pre-existing insulation are not eligible.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
- Pipe insulation must be:
- elastomeric foam rubber
- polyethylene foam
- UV-resistant polyethylene foam
- mineral wool
- rigid polyurethane foam
- rigid phenolic foam
- cellular glass
- calcium silicate
- Tank insulation must be:
- mineral wool
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Complete the pipe and tank insulation rebate application. Your rebate must include:
- a copy of a paid invoice showing product type, quantity, make, and model number
- total installed cost (before tax).
- Email the completed and signed application form and scanned copies of supporting invoices to email@example.com.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice)
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
If you have questions, contact your key account manager or email.
- FortisBC firstname.lastname@example.org