FortisBC is offering various incentives for completing a steam trap audit or upgrading your natural gas-fired steam trap system to reduce steam loss through leaking failed-open traps.
|Steam trap audit||
||50 per cent – up to $10,000|
|Steam trap replacement||
||$250 per failed-open stream trap replaced|
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building.
- The steam system must be primarily natural gas-fired. Up to a maximum of 25% of the steam system can be multi-fuel or non-natural gas-fired steam.
- Note: Systems not meeting these requirements may still be eligible, however are subject to program pre-approval from FortisBC. Contact the program administration listed at the bottom of this page.
How to Apply
- Review all terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Complete a steam trap audit either internally or by using a qualified third-party contractor.
- Ensure all findings are recorded for documentation.
- You may use the steam trap audit template (XLS) to record results.
- Replace failed steam traps at your facility within 6 months of the steam trap audit.
- Only replacements of failed-open steam traps are eligible for incentives.
- Complete the steam trap incentive application. Your incentive application must include:
- a completed steam trap audit report,
- a paid steam trap audit invoice (if a third-party contractor performed the audit)
- a paid steam trap replacement invoice showing the product type, quantity, make, model number and total installation cost (before taxes).
- Email the completed and signed application form and scanned copies of all supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) as shown on the paid invoice.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
If you have questions, contact your key account manager or email.
- FortisBC firstname.lastname@example.org