FortisBC is offering incentives to co-op or Indigenous housing providers or non-profit organizations or charities providing services to income-qualified people for upgrading inefficient refrigeration systems to ENERGY STAR® models.
|Commercial refrigerators and freezers||$220 – $1450 per applianace|
|Display cases||$1.50 – $115 per linear foot of display case|
|Electronically commutated motor systems||$75 – $77.50 per motor|
|Floating head pressure controls||$175 per unit|
|Ice machines||$85 – $260 per machine|
|Refrigeration controls in existing buildings||$75 per door, $115 per controller|
|Vending machine controller in existing buildings||$200 per controller|
Please visit the FortisBC incentive page for details on products, incentive amounts, and qualifying criteria.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Summerland, Penticton, or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.
- Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying products.
- Apply online for your incentive or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- Scanned or PDF copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products. Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized, and indicate relevant information including brand, model number, and any other required information in your application.
- Application must be submitted within 365 days of the purchase date of the product(s).
- The product(s) must be installed within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
For further information, please contact your electricity technical advisor, call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com