FortisBC is offering incentives to co-op or Indigenous housing providers or non-profit organizations or charities providing services to income-qualified people, for improving motors or fans with variable speed drives.
|20 hp or greater||$112 per motor hp|
|less than 20 hp||$140 per motor hp|
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland, and Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.
- Property managers can apply for incentives on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions
- Variable speed drive qualifying criteria:
- The variable speed drive must be retrofitted to an existing motor that has not been previously integrated with a variable speed drive.
- The motor must be running a minimum of 2,000 hours per year.
- The variable speed drive must control the motor’s frequency in response to a variable load.
- Variable speed drives used for soft start only are not eligible.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- scanned or PDF copies of all receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the incentives you are applying for.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
For further information, please contact your electricity technical advisor or via one of the contacts below.