Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation Green Home Program provides either a 15% or 25% premium refund on your mortgage loan insurance when you buy a unit in an energy efficient condo building.
- To access a 15% Premium refund, you must achieve the following:
- The building must meet the LEED Canada New Construction Standard (Certified Silver, Gold or Platinum). You will automatically qualify for a 15% refund.
- The building must be designed to be 20% more energy-efficient than compliance with the energy provisions of the applicable building code.
- To access a 25% Premium refund, you must achieve the following:
- The building must be designed to be 40% more energy-efficient than compliance with the energy provisions of the applicable building code.
- You must have purchased a condo and currently insure your mortgage financing through CMHC.
- You must pay your lender for the costs of the lender’s CMHC mortgage loan insurance.
How to Apply
- Purchase a condo insure your mortgage financing through CMHC.
- Complete the paper application form and submit by fax or mail to
700 Montreal Road (Suite 1000)
- Allow at least 6 weeks for your application to be processed. If you are eligible for refund, a cheque will be mailed to you directly at the address you provided.
- Application must be submitted within 24 months of the closing date of the mortgage.
- Supporting energy efficiency documentation can be no more than 5 years old.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
Program Contact Information
- CMHC Contact Centre email@example.com 604-737-4035