The CleanBC Social Housing Incentives Program (SHIP) offers energy study funding, project implementation support, and GHG reduction incentives. The program is administered by BC Hydro.
BC Hydro is currently offering top-up funding to conduct electrical load analysis and offset capital costs related to electrical system upgrades in service of Low Carbon Electrification (LCE) projects.
- Electrical Load Analysis Incentive – BC Hydro is offering up to $7000 to cover 100% of the costs for an electrical load analysis.
- Energy Study Incentive – The SHIP offers up to $5,000 towards the cost of an energy study. To qualify for a CleanBC Energy Study Incentive, the energy study must also include an electrical load analysis (or updating a previously performed one.
- Project Implementation Support – This funding is intended to help navigate various aspects of the project such as project management, project specification and a request for proposals, and engaging contractors to install equipment. The SHIP offers up to $7,000 toward implementation support for electrification projects.
- Retrofit Incentives – Up to $200,000 is offered. The incentive amount is based on a rate of $70/tCO2e of lifetime greenhouse gas savings up to a maximum of 75% of a project’s incremental cost.
- Building envelope incentives are also available. Please consult the Program Guide for details.
- Electrical System Upgrade Incentive – BC Hydro will provide a top-up on the CleanBC Capital Incentives up to 100% of the cost of upgrading the building electrical system as part of the implementation of LCE measures.
- You are a non-profit housing society, housing co-operative or municipal housing authority that operates multi-unit residential buildings.
- To receive CleanBC incentives, you are a customer in a BC Hydro service territory or FortisBC electric territory.
- To be eligible to receive an Electric Load Analysis Incentive and associated Electrical System Upgrade Incentive, you must be in BC Hydro service territory, including New Westminster.
- Program projects will have a preferred minimum threshold for eligibility of 500 tC02e of lifetime savings at a single facility.
- If a project is receiving an incentive or grant through another third-party program (e.g. the SHRSP program), for the same measure(s), the total amount of this other funding will be subtracted from the project’s incremental cost before the eligible incentive is calculated.
How to Apply
- Carefully review the Program Guide and FAQs to confirm your eligibility.
- Contact either your Key Account Manager (KAM), firstname.lastname@example.org or your BCNPHA Energy Manager to begin the application process.
- You have 6 months from the date of the signed Energy Study Agreement to complete the energy study.
- You have 18 months from the date of the signed Capital Incentive Agreement to complete the project.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
Program Contact Information
- BC Hydro email@example.com