The Federal and Provincial Government offer a GST/HST tax return for new constructed or substantially renovated residential rental property. Visit the program’s website to see details on the incentives offered. The incentive will go to the person who paid the GST/HST.
- You must be:
- a landlord who purchased a newly constructed or substantially renovated residential rental property, or
- a landlord who built your own residential rental property, or
- a landlord who made an addition to a multi-unit residential rental complex, or
- a builder or person who had to account for the GST/HST under the self-supply or change-in-use rules.
- The fair market value on the residential unit at the time tax was payable of the property must be less than $450,000. For land or a site in a trailer park the fair market value must be less than $112,500.
- The rental accommodation or land must be intended for long-term use as a residence.
How to Apply
- Complete the applicable application form and include appropriate documents with you application, as indicated on the website. Submit the application to the address indicated on the bottom of the applicable application form.
- Currently there are no deadlines for this program.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
Program Contact Information
- Government of Canada 1-(800)-959-8287