Through the Commercial Efficient Boiler Retrofit Program, Pacific Northern Gas (PNG) is offering up to $11,000 to Non-Profit or Public Housing Providers who purchase and install ENERGY STAR® certified natural gas fired boilers to replace their existing boilers.
PNG will refund the cost of the qualifying ENERGY STAR certified boiler to a maximum of $11,000.
- You must be a PNG commercial rate natural gas customer who owns or operates a registered charity that provides assistance to low-income persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for low-income households
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder of an existing commercial building.
- You must use the boiler for space, pool and/or process heating. (Note: backup, standby or secondary are not eligible for a incentive.)
- You must purchase and install a system with a thermal efficiency of 90% or greater. Refer to ENERGY STAR® certified boiler and AHRI certified commercial boilers list.
You must submit an application to PNG for approval prior to the purchase and installation.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Before you purchase or install the boiler, email a copy of your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have received a letter from PNG stating that PNG has approved the application, you may purchase and install the boiler.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC, to install your boiler(s). You can find one through Technical Safety BC’s website.
- Have your qualified contractor install the boiler.
- Email your Completion Documents to email@example.com and include copies of:
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or the Technical Safety BC.
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of Eligible Boiler(s) purchase and installed.
- You must purchase and install the boiler and submit your Completion Documents all within nine (9) months after receiving approval from PNG.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.