BC Hydro is offering financial incentives for commercial customers, small industrial sites, and residential stratas to help shorten the payback period for simple one-to-one lighting, HVAC or refrigeration energy efficiency upgrades.
Incentives are calculated using a number of variables, including your hours of operation, how much energy your project saves, and the cost of your project. You’ll be able to see your estimated incentive after you input your project details in step 3 of the online application.
- Confirm your eligibility using the BC Hydro business program eligibility tool. Enter your business account number to find out which programs you are eligible to participate in.
- Products must be purchased from a listed distributor, as displayed on the e.Catalog Advanced Search tool.
How to Apply
- Plan your upgrade with a contractor, or a member of the BC Hydro Alliance of Energy Professionals.
- Submit an online registration for the Business Energy Saving Incentives Program.
- Submit your incentive application. BC Hydro will review the application for approval.
- Purchase and install eligible equipment.
- Submit your project declaration through BC Hydro’s online form.
Invoices and supporting documents must be submitted within 10 days after the project is declared. See the BC Hydro Business Energy Saving Incentives FAQ for a sample invoice.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.