Through the Commercial Efficient Water Heater Retrofit Program, Pacific Northern Gas is offering incentives up to $2,000 to its business and institutional customers who purchase and install qualifying high efficiency natural gas fired water heaters to replace their existing water heaters.
Incentive amounts are determined by the size and efficiency of the water heater. Each eligible water heater listed includes the applicable incentive amount.
- You must be a PNG commercial rate class natural gas customer.
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease holder of an existing commercial building.
- You must use the water heater for domestic (potable) water heating.
- You must purchase and install an Eligible Commercial Water Heater.
- You must submit an application to PNG for approval prior to the purchase and installation.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Before you purchase or install the water heater, email a copy of your completed application form to email@example.com.
- Once you have received a letter from PNG stating that your application is approved, purchase an eligible water heater and have it installed by a contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC.
- Email your Completion Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include copies of:
- The Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration form from your municipality or Technical Safety BC.
- The fully paid invoice including make, model number and serial number of the boiler that was purchased and installed.
- You must purchase and install your water heater and submit your Completion Forms within 6 months of receiving approval from PNG.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.